JLEN is an environmental infrastructure investment fund with a market cap of £647.9 million.
The group has revealed plans to embrace ESG further, focusing on Battery storage, vertical farms and electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
It said: "The proposed changes to the Company's investment policy seek to reflect the growth of the environmental infrastructure market during the period since the Company's IPO and the expected continued development of that market in the future.
"The definition of 'environmental infrastructure' for these purposes would be expanded to include a wider pool of prospective investment, including infrastructure assets, projects and asset-backed businesses that utilise natural or waste resources or support more environmentally friendly approaches to economic activity, support the transition to a low carbon economy or which mitigate the effects of climate change."
Areas it will focus on include:
- Battery storage projects;
- Businesses which provide support services to core environmental infrastructure projects;
- Low carbon agriculture, including vertical farming assets;
- Connecting infrastructure such as district heating and other core infrastructure used by environmental assets;
- Agriculture/bioenergy supply chain businesses serving anaerobic digestion plants and other bioenergy technologies which rely heavily on the upstream feedstock supply chain; and
- Low carbon transport infrastructure, such as electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
Solar revolution is back on thanks to falling cost of polysilicon
Jan 10, 2023
Tech bubble! Are you kidding?
Jan 06, 2023
The great hydrogen opportunity will create new industrial centres as Africa moves into pole position
Jan 04, 2023